Monday, March 7, 2011

Is Your Body "Present-Worthy"?

To "sacrifice" means to surrender something for the sake of something. A "living sacrifice" means to surrender yourself for the sake of someone else. What are you doing today to present your body as a living sacrifice, that which is set apart and pleasing to God? Is your body "present-worthy"?

When I directed this question to myself, I thought about my gifts the Lord has given me to utilize to His service. If you can't pinpoint your gift, think about the last time someone commented on something you did well. Your gift generally lies within the qualities of things others compliment you on.

Still searching for your gift? Scripture (Hebrews 13:15) tells us to "continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise--the fruit of the lips that openly profess his name." That's right, open your mouth and praise the Creator!

Praise the LORD, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget no all his benefits--
who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
~ Psalm 103:1-5 TNIV

When we take time to say "Thank You Father" we are reminded of the blessings we do have.

Peace be with you! ~ Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment