Tuesday, April 5, 2011

ASK!


Why do we put our human limitations on God?

Why do we doubt His faithfulness?

Why are we afraid to ask Him for anything?

I don’t have all the answers.

The Old Testament makes reference to a man named Jabez. That’s it, just this one mention of this particular man.
Now Jabez was more honorable than his brothers, and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, “Because I bore him in pain.” And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!” So God granted him what he requested. ~ 1 Chronicles 4:9-10 NKJV
His name literally meant “he will cause pain.” He asked God with a believing heart for very specific things and God allowed his prayer to be fulfilled. What a great example of faith!

Through Scripture we are repeatedly reminded to ask God:
But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. ~ James 1:6 NIV

I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete. ~ John 16:23b-24 NIV

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. ~ 1 John 5:14 NIV

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. ~ John 15:7 NIV

"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.” ~ Luke 11:9-10 NIV

“Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” ~ Mark 11:24 TNIV
So, what’s holding you back? ASK! ~ Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment