Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Not To Be Taken Lightly

We are each blessed in different ways. Our God is compassionate. He's all knowing and in all ways fulfilling our every need. He gives us things we don't even stop to think of. Sadly, we take too many things for granted. That's right, we value some things just a tad too lightly. We get to a point of passive expectation that leaves little room for praise and thanksgiving.

The weather has changed dramatically throughout much of the Southern states in just a few days! I was so pleased when I opened my drawer and came across several pairs of tights, made for such an occasion as weather like this. I needed to layer! I threw open the closet and put on a camisole undershirt, a t-shirt, topped with a sweater. A few days ago, I valued these items lightly, okay...too lightly. Today, I'm praising God and thanking Him for these blessings!

The very fact, we woke up today, is a gift. We are often reminded to count our blessings but my point today is to thank God for something that you've taken for granted. It's the little things that add up causing us to realize how truly blessed we are!

Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift! ~ 2 Corinthians 9:15 TNIV

I'm off to bask in God's goodness. Be blessed! ~ Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment