Saturday, January 8, 2011

Waiting For Answers

  • Have you ever asked a question to someone and answered for them?
  • When was the last time you asked a question and did not wait for an answer?
  • Have you not asked a question because you think you already know the answer?
Have you done any one of these when it comes to prayer? I know that I have. I don't think that I'm alone in feeling like I want answers right away and so I try to stumble through my own version of what I think the answer is. Truth is, all things come in God's timing not mine. There are numerous references to time in the Bible. "The time had come", "because his time had not yet come", "And when the time had come"...the list goes on. Not once have I found mention of "Kim's time." So, I wait patiently, and sometimes impatiently, for God's answers. The following quote hits the nail on the head:

Prayer is not a sililoquy, where everything comes from one side; but it is a dialogue, where God's child listens to what the Father says, and replies to it, and then asks for the things he needs. Listening to God's voice is the secret of the assurance that He will listen to mine. -- Andrew Murray

Are you listening for God's answers? Listen with your ears and your soul. And when you feel you cannot find the words to ask for the things you need be confident in the faith that the Holy Spirit will intercede on your behalf. In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. ~ Romans 8:26 NIV

                     After this manner therefore pray ye:
                           Our Father which art in heaven,
                           Hallowed be thy name.
                           Thy kingdom come.
                           Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
                           Give us this day our daily bread.
                           And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
                           And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
                           For thine is the kingdom, and the power and the glory forever.
                           Amen.
                    ~ Matthew 6:9-13 KJV

My ears and my soul are peaked and ready. Are yours?

~ Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment