Saturday, February 5, 2011

Are You Prepared?

In my youth I was told, "heaven is a prepared place for prepared people". This was interesting to me then and it still intrigues me now. We are to be constantly preparing for the "promised land".

If I want potatoes for dinner tomorrow, it will do me little good to plant them in my garden tonight. There are long stretches of darkness and invisibility and silence that separate planting and reaping. During the stretches of waiting, there is cultivating and weeding and nurturing and planting still other seeds.
~ Unknown

Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near. Don't grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door! ~ James 5:7-9 TNIV
I leave you with this thought, "are you prepared?" ~ Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment