Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I Want Patience -- NOW!

  • What's your capacity for waiting?
  • What's your endurance level in the face of suffering or difficult times?
  • When things don't go according to your plan, who do you blame?

Scripture gently reminds us of the following:
When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one of you is tempted when you are dragged away by your own evil desire and enticed. ~ James 1:13-14 TNIV

Our Heavenly Father's gift of the Holy Spirit which rests within each one of us (2 Timothy 1:14) gives us the ability to be and do things we never thought possible. The fruit [meaning offspring, outcome or product] of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control (Galatians 5:22b TNIV).

So, with this knowledge, I need to stop saying, "I have no patience", "I can't wait", "Why is God doing this to me?" because He has equipped us with the ability to bear these things. It's about showing some self control, girding myself with endurance and being accountable for my actions.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that all God's people may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. ~ 2 Timothy 3:16-17 TNIV
Patience takes time and effort to develop. Take time to smell the roses, slow down, think things through to completion, and although you may not have it NOW:  Good things come to those who wait! ~ Kim





No comments:

Post a Comment