Tuesday, February 8, 2011

STOP!

Is your spirit restless with the idea, the very notion, the mere thought...

STOP!

Would you do it if it were the last hour of your life?

Regret defined is to be very sorry for. No one wants to be SORRY. Sorry means pity, scorn, ridicule, deep distress, grief, sadness. Where's the joy in any of these things?

"Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is." --Mary Anne Radmacher

In our daily walk, we will be challenged. Some times we will soar on the wings of eagles. Some times we will fall. The important thing is to know how to get up again.

When you fall, confess your sin.
  • Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. ~ James 5:16 TNIV
  • I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sin. ~ Psalm 38:18 TNIV
That's right, admit you made a mistake.
  • Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.” And you forgave the guilt of my sin. ~ Psalm 32:5 TNIV
  • “Only acknowledge your guilt—you have rebelled against the Lord your God…and have not obeyed me” declares the Lord. ~ Jeremiah 4:13 TNIV
Why? Because this is when forgiveness begins.
  • If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. ~ 1 John 1:9 TNIV
You looked away from the prize and it's not too late to refocus on the big picture--the ultimate prize:  Eternal Life
  • Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses. ~ 1 Timothy 6:12 TNIV
So you had your fun but was it really fun if it's made you feel so bad?
  • What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death! ~ Romans 6:21 TNIV
The gift of the Holy Spirit rests within each one of us. Don't wrestle with the Spirit! Let it lead you!
  • Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind controlled by the sinful nature is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace. ~ Romans 8:5-6 TNIV
Give God your very best you. He gave you the ability to renew your mind.
  • Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is true worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. ~ Romans 12:1-2 TNIV
Repentance can cleanse the stain of guilt.
  • Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. ~ Hebrews 10:22 TNIV
You are a child of God. Expect to be disciplined!
  •  In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as children? It says, “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines those he love, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his child.” ~ Hebrews 12:4-6 TNIV
Our God can cleanse and renew each one of us when we fall.
  • Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. ~ Psalm 51:10-12 TNIV
And unlike mankind, Your Heavenly Father will always be with you.
  • …be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” ~ Hebrews 13:5b TNIV
Are you ready for the fall? More importantly, do you know how to get back up? I pray O Lord, grant us all the grace to sustain any fall. In Jesus Name, Amen. ~ Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment